Practical Bathroom Refurbishments By The Shower DrReplacing an old bath and replacing it with a modern shower recess
Replacing an old bath with a modern shower
Replacing an old bath and shower combination is easier than you might imagine. Nothing dates a bathroom more than a combination shower over bath rather than a stand alone shower recess. While these were commonly built in single bathroom homes and units from the 1960’s to the 1990’s they can be less than practical today. While a warm bath and letting your worries fade away can sometimes be relaxing, in a busy world we don’t often have the time to indulge in this way. Bath tubs can take up a lot of space in a small bathroom and for most of us having a shower just makes more sense. Replacing and old bath / shower combination with a modern shower recess is more common and not as difficult to achieve as you might think.
The benefits of replacing an old bath with a modern shower?
- Space – shower over bath arrangements were often but into units and dwellings where space was at a premium and bathrooms comparatively small. Removing an old bath and replacing it with a shower recess reclaims considerable floor space in a small bathroom. This gives the opportunity for more storage, for adding a contemporary vanity and shelving or simply enjoying a more spacious feel.
- Convenience – a newly built Shower Dr shower recess saves cleaning time and is easy much easier to maintain.
- Accessibility – many of us face changing circumstances and over time, find that climbing in an out of an old bathtub becomes more difficult as life moves on. Replacing an old bath with a modern shower recess makes everyday life a little easier and more convenient
- Safety – statistics show that more than 7 in 10 people aged 65 and over who were hospitalised after a fall related injury had fallen at home, often in the bathroom or another wet area. Safety is paramount in a bathroom and a shower recess is easily fitted with grab rails and other safety features that minimise risk of falls and injury.
- Peace of mind – removing a bath and replacing it with a shower recess give the security of knowing that your bathroom not only looks modern and contemporary, it is also backed by The Shower Dr’s comprehensive guarantee.
How long does replacing an old bath with a new shower take?
This depends on the work to be carried out. Some of our clients simply want a bath removed and a new shower installed which generally takes a few days as our carpenters, plumbers and tilers are coordinated by your project manager who will keep you informed every step of the way. On other occasions clients take the opportunity to carry out additional work in the bathroom which can extend the timeline by a few days.
We’re flexible and professional and you can choose how much or how little work you’d like to have done. We won’t try to “upsell” work or products you don’t want or need and we’ll work closely with you to ensure that your finished bathroom suits your needs perfectly. When the work is completed you’ll have a safe, spacious and airy bathroom with quality water saving fixtures and fittings and a new shower screen of your choice. You’ll also enjoy the advantage of Mapei’s world leading epoxy grouts and silicones all of which carry a 10 year manufacturers warranty agains mould and water penetration.
A Shower Dr bathroom transformation
If you need to remove an unsightly old bathtub from your bathroom and replace it with a modern shower recess, give us a call and we’ll be happy to give you an obligation free quote. Our team of bathroom professionals will help you redesign your bathroom or ensuite so that it perfectly suits your needs and circumstances. You’ll have the bathroom you want and have the peace of mind that comes with partnering with a fully licensed building company with more than 25 years experience.
We’ve removed bathtubs and installed showers as part of the NDIS accessibility requirements and are experts in building safe bathrooms. Call The Shower Dr, we’ll give you a free obligation free quote the changes you want to make. We’re quick, neat, reliable, professional and we we care about our customers.
The Shower Dr – We Repair, Restore and Rebuild bathrooms all over South East Queensland – guaranteed.
“Great communication and Rhys took the time to patiently explain the work that needed to be done, to reassure me that he would be able to fix the leak and make sure it didn’t happen again. Really happy with the service and reassurance he provided especially when the words ‘water leak/water damage’ sound scary and awful!” 25/3/2018
What our customers say
Central Plaza 1
Level 35, 345 Queen St
Brisbane QLD 4000
Ph: 07 3274 2843